1 Peter 4:10

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

From the Pastor


CC Horizonte deaf ministry. The deaf congregation continues to grow with a faithful attendance of about 25 people, and that has been the amazing hand of God! Also, God is working in the hearts of the hearing congregation of CC Horizonte and they to are starting to join with us! I truly believe that God has used Virginia’s passing to capture the attention of our deaf. Before they believed that they had plenty of time, and now we see a change in their attitude, aware now that their life is a gift and they may be called to account for it at any time.

The deaf are learning so much, yet we come into the same difficulty that they get caught up in the difficulty they have to read and understand the bible. My heart really wants to make a Mexican Sign Language (LSM) bible on video. It’s very needed because the deaf culture doesn’t just pick up and use books like the hearing culture does. To pick up and read a bible to study it is a foreign idea. They are much more visual and pictures and videos are an easy means of obtaining information. But I find myself so overwhelmed and my energies spent. Plus, there are some signs in LSM I don’t know, so I don’t feel my vocabulary is up to par. I really need your prayers in this area.

Likewise, the deaf being so visually tuned, I have a great need for a laptop with a portable projector so that I can make my studies on the computer and then project them onto a screen, and make the lessons more accessible and comprehensible to the deaf.

Nevertheless it’s exciting; right now 4 hearing people from the church are learning about deaf culture, learning sign language and little by little are getting involved, hopeful to help with interpretation in the future! These 4 have been faithful to Tuesday night sign class which I teach. I teach this class at no cost, no profit to myself, it is a ministry for such a time as this.

I have a praise God for our group of about 40 people, both hearing and deaf, that went to Rancho Sordo Mudo two weeks ago. 40! That was an awesome show of support and it was a very pleasant time enjoyed by all. We hope that it touched them and inspired them with the need to GO! Praise God.

Family: with Virginia gone I’ve been grappling with the question “Now what.” Where we live the house is too big for me. Yet I don’t want to leave Ensenada, move to another place, no, instead me and my family will continue to live here. Because the deaf are here, and the ministry goes on. So please be praying for us, that God leads us to another house that we can afford and the right size. Meanwhile I am learning how to be a single parent, and what they say is true, it is not easy! With my attentions going towards the children and trying to continue with the ministry here, I’m finding I need to relearn my balance . . . like learning to walk again.

Leilani and Jerimias? Leilani continues at school, and now Jerimias has joined her. I have explained to both of them that their mother has gone to heaven. Still, they both will come to me to ask question about their mother. Leilani understand her mom is in heaven, although she misses her greatly. And she will go through highs and lows. But Jerimias will come to me again and again asking where mom is. So again and again I explain that she went to heaven, and then he comes back with the question “mom went to heaven” . . . ah yes, he is 3 and will be 4 in August, so the understanding will come, it’s just taking some time.

I can not thank you enough for the generous support you have shown towards me and my family. It has been a struggle and your generous giving has been lifesaving. Please continue to pray for this support to continue, I am tempted to get a job, but I just don’t know how I would be able to fit it in. I would appreciate, if you feel that God is sharing something with you to share with me, please feel free to tell me. And again thank you all, and do not stop praying now! We have only just begun.

No comments: